I have been thinking a lot about the pandemic and making the world better right now and after. How do we deal with this unprecedented situation and make the world better? I have a few ideas. They are as follows:
- wear a mask in public: this is one practical way to love your neighbor as yourself
- be kind: everybody is stressed, so showing kindness to everyone is a a way to bring stress down in those around all of us
- give yourself a break when you need one & take the chance to relax in whatever that break is for each of you
- connect with those that you love: show up for them. If you feel led to call a certain person do so. Everybody needs all the love and the support they can get.
- if you have the resources during this time: give to those in need.
- those of are professed followers of Jesus (like me) should lead with more love than we ever have
- respect and hold space for those who don’t think or believe like any one of us
This list will be continued. It’s just something I’m working through and figuring out. I just wanted to bring y’all along on my thought process. I hope you are all safe and well.