I’ve struggled with writer’s block the last few days. It was a surprise because it’s not something I struggle with typically. Turning this negative into a positive is something I want to do, so I thought I would share tips for how to get over writer’s block. They are below and in no order.
- Free write: what means I write down whatever comes to mind. I think I got some good future blog posts out of this.
- Write in my journal: this is helpful to get my frustration out in a healthy way
- Read fiction. I find myself using audible for books that inspire me because something about being read to calms me down
- Watching one of my favorite movies
- Singing always helps
- Listening to my favorite music. Sara Bareilles wrote a song about writer’s block. It’s called “Uncharted.” You can listen here:
7. Hugging my dog Coco always helps
8. Making sure I have eaten. If I haven’t eaten all day my writer’s block gets worse.
I hope these tips help my fellow writers keep being creative.