When I started this blog and creating other content for its social media profiles I heard frequently you can’t change the conversation around your condition and give hope to others facing their own challenges. I’d smile politely and say ‘watch me’ and I’ll make a good life for myself in the process With blog post or new video I create, I’m proving the doubters wrong. I’ve been doing that my whole life. I wasn’t supposed to do a lot of things. Here’s a short list:
- get an education: I earned multiple college degrees with honors
The only reason I bring these things up is I want to show you all I know what it’s like to be underestimated and to overcome when people say you can’t. Here are some techniques I use to overcome when people say I can’t. I hope these are helpful and motivate you to keep going in the face of people telling you you can’t. The tips are below and are in no order:
- believe in yourself
- surround yourself with people who see your greatness
- work hard
- learn everything you can from people who are successful in what you want to do and realize there’s always more to learn
- blaze your own trail: nobody can do exactly what you do like you can
- don’t give up or quit when it gets hard
- learn from your mistakes
- stay positive no matter what
2 comments on “How to Overcome When People Say You Can’t”
Way to go Stacey! I enjoyed your post.
Thank you and thank you for reading. I appreciate it.