In honor of cerebral palsy awareness month I wanted to write a post about what I wish people knew about my life with CP. Here is my list:
1. I am fully capable of having a romantic relationship and all that goes with it. This is my number one most frequent question. I will never talk about my personal life on the blog or any of its social media accounts, but yes I can in all aspects.
2. I have feeling throughout my body. I’m not paralyzed.
3. I have real life friends who are my chosen family. They are able-bodied. They don’t see my CP as a big deal. It just is. We deal with it together.
4. I have goals and dreams: yes, they changed, but I have them and I and all of you are making them a reality. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
5. I detest when people stare at me. If you are out and happen to see me (post vaccines for Covid) and have questions come ask or just say hi. However, please don’t stare.
6. I drive my chair very well. You don’t have to worry about my lack of driving skills.
7. My bed is a regular bed (frequent question).
8. I feed myself (frequent question)
That’s all I can think of for for now. I’ll make another list if I feel the need.