I know I haven’t posted as many blog posts as you all are used to the last few weeks. For that, I apologize. I’ve had a family emergency. It is within my immediate family. We are still going through it, but I’ll do my best to keep up with blog posts going forward. I appreciate your patience and my family, and I would appreciate your prayers and good thoughts. I’m thankful for each one of you.
My current circumstances inspired this blog post. I wanted to give you all a list of things to help you through really difficult times. The one thing I know is that we will all go through difficult times in this life. I want to help you all get through those times easier. This list is in no way exhaustive, but I hope it’s helpful to you all when you need them. They are listed below in no order. I consider these suggestions part of self care for all of us.
- Listening to music that inspires you to keep going
- Talking to people who love you to make you feel better
- Taking a bath to help you relax
- Reading a book you enjoy to help you relax
- Taking a walk/getting out in nature
- Writing in a journal to process your feelings
- Going out to dinner with a friend to get your mind off what’s going on