Last year, changed me in a irrevocable ways. One of the most obvious is the change in my relationship with technology. I was not proud or happy with the way I was using technology most of last year. Asking myself what changes I needed to make so my relationship with technology was something I was happy and proud of again was difficult. A lot of people that I love and are important to me live far away from me. I did not want those relationships to suffer because of the changes I knew I had to make.
A happy medium must be somewhere I thought. Then I could hear my chosen brother/ journey partner. We have had discussions about happy mediums in every aspect of our lives many times. He calls the happy medium the sweet spot. It made me smile because I knew the relationships that were important to me would not change simply because I was adjusting my technology usage.
Adjusting my technology usage is a big part of my health, wellness, and wholeness journey. It is also one of the main ways to show myself care. Realizing I was overthinking again, I needed to take a breath, and give myself a break. That is what I did I want to share the changes I made with you all in hopes they will help anyone who reads this and is working on adjusting their relationship with technology as well.
- Deleting never used apps off my phone
- Deleting apps that drain my time/energy off my phone, so I can focus on being the best version of myself and my work
- Deleting contacts that are a part of my past from my phone
- Being intentional about social media usage: using it for just the purpose of this work, largely, so my creativity stays front and center. It helps me remember to not compare myself to others as well
- Turning my phone on silent while working/eating meals/having face to face conversations: this allows me to be more intentional and present as well
- Keeping my phone in my pocket during number 5 instead of on my desk/table